The IAHAD supports the educational need and development of the professionals in the HTCs across India to achieve sustainable comprehensive care and treatment for people with haemophilia and allied bleeding disorders.
The various workshops and training programs focus on:
- Understand the principles of Comprehensive (Integrated) Care in the Management of PWH
- Strengthen and broaden knowledge and skills in diagnosis, assessment and planning care for PWH
- Encourage repeated assessment and recording of complications of haemophilia and its treatment, to support clinical research and improvement of care.
IAHAD workshop and training is offered to physicians, paediatricians, orthopaedic surgeon, pathologists, laboratory scientists and technicians, physiotherapists, and nurses.
Candidates are selected based on their commitment towards treatment of haemophilia and allied bleeding disorders along with the following:
- Recommendation from the institution head who is having HTC or planning to develop HTC in their institution in the next 6 month to 1 year.
- The permanent faculty of the institution will be preferred.
- Commitment to improve the care of hemophilia in their HTC after completion of training.
- Have a recognized degree in their respective field.